REDBACK RADIATORS PTY LTD are a specialist Manufacturer of heavy duty industrial copper and brass heat exchangers. We are an Australian owned and operated company that conducts 100% of our manufacturing in Australia.
The Klinger C-6327 used in our custom gaskets is 1.5mm thick and is manufactured to the following specifications:
Redback Radiators can custom make gaskets to meet your specifications. Our Amada CNC punch allows us to quickly pierce gaskets to suit a wide variety of radiator bolt patterns or we can custom cut gaskets to your drawings or specifications.
We carry an extensive range of popular radiator gaskets to suit: highway trucks, earthmoving equipment, agricultural machines and even generator sets.
The gaskets can be packaged with cores for storage and transportation.
Gasket material is the universally accepted Klinger C-6327.
This is suitable for liquids and steam at lower pressures and temperatures with low bolt load joints e.g. radiator tank to radiator header plate joins.
- Ensure the mating faces of the radiator core and tanks are clean, free of damage, pitting and are straight & square in all directions. We suggest that sanding the mating faces and gently cleaning with a suitable solvent is done prior to assembly.
- Position the gasket onto the headerplate of the core, sometimes a silicone jointing compound such as Permatex RTV blue may be required if the radiator tanks are badly pitted to ensure a good seal.
- Using new nuts & bolts loosely assemble the radiator core, side straps, tanks and bolt rails. Once all nuts & bolts are in place tightening can commence. Starting from the inside and working outwards tighten to 22Nm (16 ft/lbs).
- Once all the bolts have been tightened the radiator is now ready for testing. (If a jointing compound has been used please allow sufficient curing time prior to testing.
- We suggest all radiators when assembled are carefully tested prior to fitting back into the vehicle or machine.